Curriculum & Instruction - Ed.D.
Effective Dec. 2, 2016: The University of Kansas is not currently accepting applications for graduate admission to the Ed.D. in Curriculum & Instruction at this time. Though, please let us know you are interested in the program by submitting the online inquiry form for a future admission cycle.
Domestic Application Requirements
- Master's degree or equivalent with at least a 3.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- A complete graduate application: apply online at the Office of Graduate Studies.
- An official transcript (not student’s copy) of all previous undergraduate and graduate credit sent from the institution directly to the Office of Graduate Studies (printed transcripts or official electronic versions are both acceptable).
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) official general test scores (required minimum scores of 153 for the Verbal, 144 for the Quantitative and 4.0 for the General Analytical Writing sections).
- The GRE requirement can be waived as part of conditional admission for the fall 2014 semester only. Students conditionally admitted for fall 2014 based on GRE requirement will need to have passed the GRE before December 1, 2014.
- Minimum GRE score requirements for School of Education doctoral programs are: Verbal 153, Quantitative 144 and Writing 4.
- A statement of career goals describing how this degree will help meet professional aspirations and areas of interest in curriculum and instruction.
- Letters of recommendation from three people who can comment on the applicant’s ability to complete a doctoral program of study; the master's advisor is appropriate to include.
- A writing sample: an article, paper or other composition originally written by the applicant. An appropriate length is eight to 10 pages.
- A vitae or resume.
Please note: Meeting minimum admission standards does not guarantee admission to the program.
Admissions questions? Call 785-864-4437.