Curriculum & Instruction - Ed.D.
International Application Requirements
- Master’s degree or equivalent with at least a 3.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- A complete International Student graduate application form submitted online including non-refundable application fee. Apply online at the KU Graduate Application site.
- An official transcript (not student’s copy) that includes degree conferral, in a sealed, stamped envelope from the institution of all undergraduate and graduate studies. (Official transcripts from an international university must include an English translation of all documents in addition to the official transcript in the original language, or official documentation that the University's instruction is entirely in English.)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) official general test scores (required minimum scores of 153 for the Verbal, 144 for the Quantitative and 4.0 for the General Analytical Writing sections).
- A statement of career goals describing how this degree will help meet professional aspirations and areas of interest in curriculum and instruction.
- Letters of recommendation from three people who can comment on the applicant’s ability to complete a doctoral program of study; the master's advisor is appropriate to include.
- Writing sample: an article, paper or other composition originally written by the applicant. An appropriate length is eight to ten pages.
- A vitae or resume.
- For students whose first language is not English, official scores on the TOEFL of at least 92 total (IBT) with subscale scores of at least 23 in all areas must be submitted for consideration of admission to the Curriculum and Teaching Department. The IELTS official score is also accepted, with an overall score of at least 7.0, and no individual section score lower than 7.0. TOEFL is not required if applicant has a degree from an English-speaking university. Graduation with a baccalaureate degree or higher from a program taught entirely in English at an international institution requires official verification of English instruction from the university as part of the application and must be included as part of the application package. Verification can be from a catalogue or program description brochure or an official letter from a department chair, dean or other university official stipulating English language as the method of instruction.
- ALL international students are required to submit a STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT BALANCE from his or her sponsor's bank. This statement must be on bank stationery. There must also be a letter of support from his/her sponsor if the bank statement is not in the applicant's name.
Please note: Meeting minimum admission standards does not guarantee admission to the program.