- Develop a plan during your 8th grade year.
Work with your high school counselor to select up to 30 credits of Advanced Placement, JCCC College Now and Quick Step classes.
You should plan to take courses, such as:
- Programming fundamentals
- C++ and Java programming
- College algebra or calculus or statistics
- Biology or chemistry
- English composition I and II
- U.S. history
- Apply and be admitted to JCCC for College Now by the end of your freshman year.
- Consider taking JCCC Quick Step courses before you graduate.
Milestone: Earn your diploma from Olathe Public Schools.
Want real-world IT experience in high school? Apply and be admitted to the 21st Century Computer and Software Engineering program before entering high school.