Applicants to the Edwards Campus M.C.E. program must have an undergraduate degree in civil engineering or a related engineering discipline. The GRE exam is not required.
- Fall: July 31
- Spring: December 30
Steps to apply
- Email William Kirkham, program director, or call 913-897-8514 to review admission requirements and academic goals.
- Complete KU’s online application. Application fees for domestic degree-seeking students are $65.
- Upload your resume.
- Request your transcript(s). Before you can be admitted, KU must receive an official transcript from each university or college you have attended. The official transcript must be sent directly from the university or college to the KU Graduate Application Processing Center:
Graduate Application Processing Center
313 Strong Hall
1450 Jayhawk Blvd.
Lawrence, KS 66045
When you submit the online application, you may upload unofficial transcripts yourself to expedite the review of your application. However, KU must receive official transcripts before your admission can be completed.
Applicants who are non-native English speakers must meet KU’s English proficiency requirements.
The TOEFL or IELTS exam is required and scores must meet the following requirements:
- TOEFL – Reading, listening and writing part scores all 20 or higher
- IELTS – Overall score 6.0 or higher, with reading, listening and writing part scores all 5.5 or higher
Learn more about international admission requirements from the Department of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering.
KU International Student Services provides helpful information and assistance to international applicants.