Ed.D. in Educational Administration Program Details
Ed.D. in Educational Administration
- A bachelor’s and a master’s degree or equivalent with at least a 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale from an accredited institution
- Current professional resume
- Complete graduate application from the Office of Graduate Studies
- Official transcript of all previous undergraduate and graduate credit sent from the institution to the Office of Graduate Studies (printed or official electronic transcripts are acceptable)
- A statement of purpose
- Three references from people who can comment on your ability to complete a doctoral program of study. Two of these should be from supervisors.
Apply before April 1 to begin in the summer semester. International applicants are strongly encouraged to complete the application process well in advance of this deadline, to ensure adequate time for visa processing. The graduate admissions committee will make selections when all support documents have been received.
*Fall admission is available with approval from program coordinator. Applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received beginning April 1 but will be considered after that date if space permits.
Note: This program also admits individuals who have a master’s degree in an education-related field who may not yet have their building-level licensure endorsement.
Curriculum and Requirements
The doctorate degree in educational administration course sequence builds upon itself as you progress through the program. Fall and Spring courses are scheduled in 16-week formats. Coursework includes both online and in-person class meetings. In-person class meetings are typically held four Saturdays during the semester. Summer courses are scheduled into two four-week blocks and will meet in-person and online depending on the course.
Research in Educational Policy & Leadership
District Human Resources Management
Sociology of Educational Organizations
Quantitative Methods for Research in Educational Policy & Leadership
Policy and Politics in Education
Educational Policy, Ethics & Law
District Business Management
Supervision of Instruction
Course to be determined
Total Credit Hours
Dissertation Credit Hours
Minimum Program Credit Hours