The mission of the KU Edwards Campus is to bring high-quality education programs to serve diverse workforce, economic and community needs with particular focus on the KC region. We provide lifelong education programs, research activities, and entrepreneurial initiatives that address present and future workforce needs and important community and state-wide problems.
Be the go-to partner for education, innovation, public service, and scholarship in the Kansas City area and beyond.
Our work together as an Edwards Team is guided by our shared commitment to the values of professionalism, collaboration, innovation and diversity as we serve our students and other constituents.
To increase the fulfillment of our mission and advance toward our vision, the KU Edwards Campus pursues the following strategic priorities and objectives in calendar years 2019 and 2020.
- Priority 1: Promote student & learner success
- Objective 1a: Deliver high-quality educational programs
- Objective 1b: Achieve high levels of student/learner satisfaction
- Objective 1c: Increase student/learner retention, progression and/or completion
- Objective 1d: Increase the number of individuals we educate
- Priority 2: Enhance workplace environment for staff & faculty
- Objective 2a: Expand ways in which we recognize, support and value staff and faculty
- Objective 2b: Increase diversity, equity and inclusion of staff and faculty
- Objective 2c: Increase value of professional development opportunities that support staff and faculty careers
- Priority 3: Cultivate & enhance strategic partnerships
- Objective 3a: Increase and strengthen partnerships with mutually beneficial results
- Priority 4: Develop structures & policies to enhance organizational effectiveness
- Objective 4a: Increase efficiency and quality of launch process for education programs
- Objective 4b: Decrease obstacles to routine practices and innovations
- Priority 5: Strengthen financial sustainability
- Objective 5a: Ensure diversity of revenue sources and program portfolio
- Objective 5b: Perform continual reviews to optimize programs and services for financial health
- Objective 5c: Maintain a sustainable budget