Start now and get your bachelor’s degree in 3 years. Take the next step and make anything possible.
Expedite your degree in Kansas City. Earn a bachelors degree from The University of Kansas in 3 years.
A partnership between the Blue Valley Schools, Olathe Public Schools, Shawnee Mission School District, Summit Technology Academy, Johnson County Community College and KU Edwards Campus allows you to earn college credits in high school, complete an associate’s degree one year after graduating and finish your bachelor’s degree two years later.
Your High School
- Talk to your teachers and counselor about your plans after high school.
- Develop a four-year academic plan, including Advanced Placement/International Baccalaureate and dual credit/concurrent enrollment classes, with your counselor.
- Register for the Degree in 3 program at the end of your sophomore year (exceptions to this timeframe can be reviewed with the Degree in 3 coordinator).
Milestone: Complete your high school diploma.
- Take dual credit and concurrent credit courses while still in high school.
- After high school, complete the remaining freshman-sophomore credit hours from your local community college.
Milestone: Complete your Associate's degree from community college.
KU Edwards Campus
- Meet with an advisor to discuss transferring to KU in Overland Park.
- Apply for admission to KU in the semester before you plan to enroll (students beginning in fall should apply by Feb. 1).
Milestone: Complete your Bachelor's degree from KU.
3 years, 3 accomplishments.