Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
This program is currently offered on-campus in Overland Park. KU is considering transitioning it to a fully online program in the future.
A Degree with Endless Potential
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that employment of business and financial operations occupations is projected to grow 10 percent from 2016 to 2026, faster than the average for all occupations, adding about 773,800 new jobs. This median annual wage for business and financial occupations was $72,250 in May 2020, which was higher than the median annual wage for all occupations.
A business professional’s duties might include:
- Leading a team and managing people
- Managing an organization’s social media accounts and customer relationships
- Conducting market research
- Conceptualizing, planning and executing a multi-platform marketing campaign
What jobs can I get with a BBA degree?
A Bachelor’s in Business Administration can help you take your career to the next level with classes from experienced, credentialed faculty that sharpen your skills in communication, leadership and data analysis, and provide a global perspective on the business world. Graduates who complete a business administration degree will have the framework for advancement in their careers.
Is a BBA right for you?
KU’s undergraduate program in business administration helps both full-time students and current business professionals advance their careers through exposure to a broad range of topics, including business law, economics, entrepreneurship, finance, management, marketing, operations & supply chain management and international business.
A KU BBA degree is designed for students who want to mix business theory, practical knowledge, and professional skills in preparation for careers as business leaders. Students in the BBA program will sharpen their verbal and written communication skills, develop an aptitude for leading and managing people, practice data analysis, and realize a global perspective on business.
How is the program structured?
The Bachelor of Business Administration degree is offered through the KU School of Business, which is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), considered the gold standard of quality in business education. The curriculum is designed to accommodate the working student and adult learners and offers both afternoon and evening classes.
- Designed with a full-time professional’s schedule in mind
- Once-weekly afternoon and evening courses
- MetroKC tuition rate available for Missouri students
- Instruction from expert faculty
- Small class sizes ensure personal attention from instructors
- AACSB accreditation
- KU is one of 38 public university members of the prestigious Association of American Universities, a group of America's leading research universities
- Learn it today, use it tomorrow
- Interactive curriculum created for working professionals
- Collaborative educational atmosphere emphasizing leadership and teamwork skills