M.S. in Integrated Marketing Communications - A Master's Degree in Marketing to Accelerate Your Career
Graduate marketing and communications education for professional communicators
The fast-paced, closely linked worlds of marketing, communications and business require leaders who can use a combined skill set to identify and solve business problems from a managerial perspective. Successful marketing and communications professionals understand the most effective ways to tell an organization’s story to customers, employees, members and all of the people who matter most. A master's degree in marketing, specifically integrated marketing communications, leads to career advancement and growth opportunities.
A marketing and communications professional’s duties might include:
- Communicating a business’s new sustainability initiative
- Managing an organization’s social media accounts
- Crafting public statements
- Conceptualizing, planning and executing a multi-platform marketing campaign using paid, earned, shared and owned marketing channels.
What job advancement possibilities does a master’s degree in marketing, specifically integrated marketing communications, offer?
Advanced professional education in integrated marketing communications can help you take your career to the next level with expert-taught classes that bring you the latest developments on topics and strategies in the field. As the only program of its kind in the Kansas City metro area, KU’s integrated marketing communications program also boasts a rich local alumni network that can help you gain a competitive edge. Our alumni work for some of the most admired organizations regionally and nationally, including:
- Ally Financial
- Black & Veatch
- Edovate Capital
- Fleishman Hillard
- Intouch Solutions
- Shawnee Mission Health
- Sporting KC
Is an integrated marketing communications education right for me?
KU’s graduate program in integrated marketing communications helps current marketing and communications professionals advance their careers through the application of combined specialties. This includes digital marketing, writing, innovation, branding, sales and leadership.
The program’s curriculum presents an advanced series of courses. Most students have a minimum of two years of professional experience in marketing and communications or other media-related fields, and display aptitude for strategic thinking. Practical knowledge and theoretical wisdom combine for a rich learning experience and training in cutting-edge marketing communications strategies.
Three minutes with IMC
How is the program structured?
The Integrated Marketing Communications master’s is offered through KU’s William Allen White School of Journalism and Mass Communications, and leads to a Master of Science degree in journalism. The curriculum consists of 30 total hours, and is designed for part-time, evening study to accommodate working adults.
- Designed with a full-time professional’s schedule in mind
- Evening courses
- Customizable elective options directed toward career goals
- MetroKC tuition rate available for local Missouri students
- Instruction from expert, practicing faculty
- The only program of its kind in the Kansas City Area
- Rich, accomplished alumni network
- KU’s journalism school is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication
- Learn it today, use it tomorrow
- Curriculum created for professionals working in the field
- Up-to-date instruction on current topics