Earn a relevant degree — and the technical skills and business savvy that are increasingly valued in today’s workforce.
- In the Kansas City metro, IT-related jobs remain open because of a lack of qualified workers (March 2013, Mid-America Regional Council).
- Jobs in computing grew 30 percent in Kansas City from 2001 to 2013 (March 2013, Mid-America Regional Council).
Balance your high school experience with the convenience of earning college credit from JCCC.
- Advanced Placement (AP) classes
- JCCC College Now
- JCCC Quick Step
Lower your student debt through affordable tuition, paid internships, and earlier graduation.
- Graduating in 3 years allows you to begin your career early. The average starting salary for IT graduates is $57,100 (The National Association of Colleges & Employers, April 2013).
Find internships and employment opportunities with Kansas City organizations, from large companies to entrepreneurial startups.
- Career support and resources from the KU Engineering Career Center
“Students will learn exactly what they need to know to ensure their success no matter what direction they choose beyond graduation, be it traditional employment or entrepreneurship.”
Executive & co-founder of Local Ruckus, Kansas City Startup Village