KU Online Project Management Master's Degree & Certificate and On-campus Programs in Kansas City
What is project management?
Project management involves leading cross-functional teams to deliver successful projects. A project manager’s responsibilities include:
- Creating clear and attainable project objectives
- Developing project requirements
- Planning project tasks to meet the objectives
- Managing complex, interdependent project activities to meet the cost, time, quality and client satisfaction objectives
- Managing change on the project
- Leading the project team and managing project stakeholders
What industries need project managers?
Project management is a broadly applicable skill set, increasingly desired in a wide variety of industries such as business, engineering, health care, information technology, military, science, construction, marketing and event planning.
Is project management graduate education right for you?
KU’s online project management graduate programs and on-campus programs in Kansas City help existing project managers, or those who desire to become a project manager or program manager, learn how to successfully lead any project, from a simple, short-duration project to a multi-year highly complex project.
What on-campus and online project management masters and certificate programs are available at KU?
You can pursue project management graduate education through several paths with KU. See the choices below, and download the program guides for more information. Each guide shows you the program’s curriculum, career paths, admissions information, tuition and more.
- Choose course formats that work for you
- Fully online asychronous
- In-person Overland Park or Leavenworth, KS
- In-person courses are also recorded and available via live-stream
- Globally recognized KU degree
- Credentialed, experienced faculty
- Each instructor has >20 years industry experience
- KU is one of 34 public university members of the prestigious Association of American Universities
- Learn it today, use it tomorrow
- Discuss your real-world projects in class
- Courses follow the PMI PMBOK™