Online Graduate Certificate in Professional Management
Online professional management training for an interconnected world
Show the world you are ready to lead at the next level with the knowledge, skills, and credentials you’ll earn in the online KU Graduate Certificate in Professional Management.
A study done by Boston College, Harvard University, and the University of Michigan showed that training in soft skills – communication, teamwork, and problem-solving – boosted corporate productivity and retention by 12% and delivered a 250% ROI due to higher employee productivity and retention (Forbes, 2017).
There’s an increasing need for executives who can steer major projects to success, inspire team members, grow financial acumen, and communicate ideas in a clear and compelling way.
That executive can be you.
For a multi-disciplined working world, mastering business and communication skills as well as practical knowledge is key for success, and will provide you with a competitive hiring advantage that can carry you up the corporate ladder. The KU Professional Management Graduate Certificate can open that door.
Industry professionals might use management training in scenarios such as the following:
- Providing executive-level leadership as a CEO or other C-level or V-level role.
- Supervising teams of experts and professionals in a way that leads to success.
- Leading a division or unit of a large organization that includes many functions.
- Planning and leading substantial initiatives, teams, and projects
- Securing and managing funding, such as for research and development.
- Increasing financial acumen and critical thinking.
- Managing human resources for a business.
What can you do with a professional management certificate?
KU’s graduate certificate in professional management allows professionals from a wide variety of career backgrounds to develop the essential skills necessary to build their leadership image and reputation.
Working professionals can further their careers without getting a full degree. Current graduate students add skills that can lead to supervisory roles once their degree is completed.
The courses within the graduate certificate in professional management can also be applied toward one of several full master's degrees at the University of Kansas.
Is a graduate certificate in professional management right for you?
KU’s professional management online courses are designed for students and professionals in science, technology, business, and other related fields.
Professionals who earn the credential do so in order to rise into managerial roles. For current KU graduate students, this certification adds specialized studies to their graduate program. This is program may also be beneficial to people who already earned a graduate degree in a specific field and want to add management and leadership training.
How is this program structured?
The online Graduate Certificate in Professional Management is awarded after successful completion of 12 credit hours.
- Fully online courses
- A stand-alone credential that and count toward several master's degrees.
- Interdisciplinary skillset
- Credentialed, experienced faculty
- Globally respected academics
- KU is one of 38 public university members of the prestigious Association of American Universities, a group of America's leading research universities
- Learn it today, use it tomorrow
- Skills that everybody needs but not enough have.
- Courses apply across a variety of professional backgrounds.