The BEST Building
Through the construction of the BEST (Business, Engineering, Science and Technology) Building, KU Edwards Campus will greatly expand its impact on the community. Below are several facts about the new building.
- The BEST Building will add 75,000 square feet to the KU Edwards Campus, increasing the current campus space by more than 50 percent. Regnier Hall is 82,000 square feet and the Regents Center is 55,000 square feet. The BEST Building will sit about 200 feet north of Regnier Hall.
- The BEST Building was completed in January 2012, with faculty and staff moving into it in February 2012.
- The BEST Building will house expanding programs in business, engineering, science and technology and include:
2 15-seat seminar rooms
1 32-seat classroom
1 40-seat classroom
8 45-seat classrooms
4 65-seat tiered lecture halls
1 100-seat tiered lecture hall
36 Faculty and administrative support offices
4 Computer labs
- The new building will also include a 4,000 square-foot conference center accommodating up to 400 people.
- Landscaping and building aesthetics will complement the existing buildings on campus.
- Parking will be increased to handle a larger student population.
- Built to meet LEED certification, the BEST Building will be 60 percent more energy efficient than Regnier Hall.
- Computer labs in the new building will provide space for 30, 60 or 90 student stations to meet a growing demand to provide hands-on technology experience in Edwards Campus degree programs.
- Through the use of media convergence, Edwards Campus faculty and students will have access to both internal and external electronic communication throughout the building. Videoconferencing, recording of classes and shared resources will be readily available.