Earn a Graduate certificate or Master’s in Construction Management Online
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, career opportunities for construction managers are projected to grow 10% by 2028. Growth in this profession requires knowledge of management procedures, risk and liability management, efficient selection of equipment and on-the-job practices, in addition to direct experience.
A construction manager may use their skills in capacities such as:
- Managing personnel on a construction site
- Consulting with clients or construction firms on sustainable building practices
- Overseeing a building’s facilities or maintenance team
- Providing administrative management of a construction project
How do you become a construction manager?
Employers increasingly prefer construction managers to have on-the-job construction experience in addition to specialized training in a construction management-related field. Professionals with an advanced degree in construction management work in a variety of related careers in construction, facilities and engineering.
What online construction management programs are offered through KU?
KU offers two forms of graduate-level programs in construction management. The online Master of Construction Management degree is designed for working construction industry professionals. The program allows students to learn up-to-date practical techniques they can immediately use on the job.
The graduate certificate in construction management is designed for working construction industry professionals who want to earn a credential without a full degree program, as well as current graduate students seeking to specialize their knowledge.
Courses for both programs are delivered live online and available as full-lecture recordings to allow students flexibility in determining their study times.
How is the program structured?
The graduate certificate in construction management consists of 12 hours of core courses. The Master of Construction Management consists of 18 hours of core courses and 12 hours of elective courses. Please refer to the program guide for the program of your choice for full curriculum information.
- Live online courses
- Class recordings available for flexible scheduling
- Designed with working professionals in mind
- Credentialed, experienced faculty
- Globally recognized academics
- Outstanding history of departmental research
- Learn it today, use it tomorrow
- Skills to advance your career
- Courses cover up-to-date industry best practices