My KU Edwards Experience
Welcome & Success Center
My KU Edwards Experience: Groups & Events
Groups & Leadership Opportunities on Campus
As a student at KU Edwards, your leadership development is important to us. We believe in helping you grow as a leader in the areas of teamwork, innovation, and advocacy. With many unique clubs to choose from, there is sure to be an option to fit your personal and professional goals.
- BSIT JayHackers Club - The BSIT JayHackers is the Information Security Club that meets on the Edwards Campus. To join email Chris Seasholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Cabinet - Join KUEC faculty and staff to discuss and work on various projects on campus related to diversity and inclusion. Email email@example.com for more info.
- International Student Group - Interested in meeting other international students at KUEC? Join us to network and plan events for international students at KUEC. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- KU Edwards Honors Program - Are you an undergraduate student looking to get more out of your educational experience and find a community of intellectually-driven peers? Designed for transfer students who may or may not have engaged with an honors program before, the KU Edwards Honors Program will challenge you academically, set you up for professional success, and recognize the great work you've already accomplished. Check out our home page and decide whether it is right for you!
- LGBTQ+ Group - Join us in trying to get this club off the ground! We would love to have you as a part of KUEC's first LGBTQ+ club on campus. Email email@example.com for more info. You can also join our channel in Microsoft Teams.
- Pre-Med Club - Are you a pre-med student and looking to connect with others on a similar path through professional development opportunities? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Student Advisory Council - Do you want to have a voice on campus? Interested in planning events for fellow students? Join us! Email email@example.com for more info. View upcoming meetings and connect with us on social media HERE.
- Veterans Network - Veterans, this is the group for you! Meet other veterans at KUEC and participate in/help plan veteran-centered events! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Multicultural Student Association - MSA is a bridge created to give students an opportunity to learn about and experience cultures and traditions from around the world. Our goal is to create a place for students to have a voice and share their culture. For more information please email email@example.com.
Interested in starting your own group? Contact Ashley Kalatusha at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The KU Edwards Advantage:
The edge students need to boost employability, engage in civic responsibility, and strengthen skills through action.
The Advantages are the foundation of your KU Edwards experience and inform the events offered below. Attend all six Advantage events throughout the academic year for maximum benefit.
Fall 2022 Events & Advantage Opportunities
Turn Out to Relieve BurnOut
- Date/Time: November 30th from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm
- Description: Join KUEC Student Services in a fun night of cornhole and other games with fellow KU Edwards Students and staff.
- Location: Hawk's Nest
- Hosted By: Student Services
- Advantage: Self Awareness
Link & Learn Series: Writing Emails that Save Time and Get Results (Virtual)
- Date/Time: Thursday, December 8th from 11am-12pm (CST)
- Description: How much time do you spend reading and responding to emails every day? According to a 2019 study by Adobe, the average person spends over three hours of each day checking their work email (and another two hour a day checking personal email!)
- Location: Zoom (Register Here)
- Hosted By: KU Edwards Communication Studies Graduate Certificate in Professional Workplace Communication
- Advantage: Campus and Community Engagement
SciFlix Series: The Black Hole
- Date/Time: December 9th at 6:30 pm
- Description: SciFlix is a community outreach effort designed around taking the science, the theories, and the ethics in popular fiction and discussing it openly and honestly. Following the film, our moderator will introduce a panel of experts who will provide their reactions to the film and their insights in a Q&A session with event attendees. Our mission is to entertain the public with movies and refreshments and then fan the sparks of creative and critical thinking into life.
- Location: Regnier Auditorium in Regnier Hall, Edwards Campus (REGISTER HERE)
- Hosted By: KU Edwards Community Engagement
- Advantage: Information Literacy
Student Advisory Council
- Date/Time: December 12th at 2:00 pm CST
- Description: Are you interested in getting involved on campus and growing your leadership skills? Join us in providing a voice for the student body, connecting students' needs and interests to campus initiatives, promote and enhance programs and services to strengthen the student experience at KU Edwards.
- Location: ZOOM
- Meeting ID: 975 2880 3810
- Password: 668680
- Hosted By: KU Edwards Student Advisory Council
- Advantage: Campus and Community Engagement
KU Edwards Grad Gathering
- Date/Time: December 14th from 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm
- Description: Are you an Edwards Campus student that is graduating this Fall? If so, please join us for Grad Gathering to celebrate your accomplishments! This is a come-and-go event with food, refreshments, and an opportunity to take photos with your favorite people.
- Location: Hawk's Nest, Regents Center building, Edwards Campus
- Hosted By: KU Edwards Student Services
If you have questions or concerns about any event or need to request disability accommodations, please contact email@example.com or (913) 897-8400.