Online Applied Statistics, Analytics & Data Science Graduate Programs
What is Applied Statistics?
Applied statistics, analytics and data science involves interpreting data to determine needs, trends and probabilities across many industries. Any field that involves analyzing data-based findings or results needs trained data analysts, scientists and statisticians to interpret and report information.
A data analyst, scientist or statistician’s responsibilities may include:
- Interpreting performance data for new products or technologies
- Analyzing demographic data for a political or marketing campaign
- Contributing to health care research
- Reporting results from scientific lab or field work
What industries need data analysts?
Data analytics, statistics professionals and data scientists work in a wide variety of industries, including healthcare, public policy, environmental science, business and public relations. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, jobs in statistics-related fields, including data analytics, are projected to grow 33 percent by 2026, compared to an overall projected occupational growth of 7.4 percent.
Is online applied statistics, analytics & data science graduate education right for you?
KU’s applied statistics, analytics and data science graduate programs are designed for students who want to enter or advance in the in-demand field of data and statistics. These programs help students effectively communicate principles of statistics and analytics, and assist with design and implementation of data management systems. The programs are open to students who display strong math skills, but may not have statistics-based academic backgrounds.
Admission to the the KU applied statistics & analytics graduate programs requires completion of calculus I and II and a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 as well as other admission requirements. KU offers courses to help you meet the calculus requirement if needed. Those course credit hours and grades do not count toward degree completion.
What online applied statistics, analytics and data science graduate programs are available at KU?
KU offers a degree option and certificate options for applied statistics, analytics and data science graduate programs. Students in the Master of Science can choose an emphasis in Statistics, Analytics or Data Science. See the choices below and download the program guides for more information. Each guide provides the program’s curriculum, career paths, admissions information, tuition and more.
- 100% Online Applied Statistics, Analytics and Data Science Master’s Degree with chosen emphasis:
- Data Science
- 100% Online Graduate Certificate in Applied Statistics
- 100% Online Graduate Certificate in Applied Data Science
Why start the KU online statistics, analytics and data science program?
- Asynchronous course format
- Pre-recorded podcast video content
- Graduate certificate options
- Virtually interact with students and instructors
- Complete your degree at your own pace
- 100% online
- Credentialed, experienced faculty
- Globally recognized academics
- KU is one of 34 public university members of AAU
- Skillsets that apply to a variety of fields
- Learn it today, use it tomorrow
- Courses designed for those in career transition as well as current analysts