Online Master of Public Health and certificate programs
Public health is an academic discipline focused on preventing and mitigating disease outbreaks and addressing systemic health challenges that affect the health of communities and population groups. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, healthcare careers account for 6 of the top 10 fastest growing occupations, with 3.4 million new jobs related to healthcare and social assistance projected by 2028.
Public health professionals might apply their knowledge by...
- Analyzing and consulting on public health policy
- Creating, managing or implementing public health education initiatives
- Investigating the origin and best treatment of diseases
- Researching demographics and analyze data to help prevent disease outbreaks
What career options does a Master of Public Health (MPH) degree offer?
KU’s Master of Public Health – Generalist online degree and graduate certificate programs provide a thorough background in the key aspects of public health, including epidemiology, policy, administration, environmental health and biostatistics. These programs prepare students for careers in a variety of public health-related fields, including public health administration, global health, maternal & child health, nutrition and data management.
Is a graduate program in public health right for you?
KU’s online public health graduate degree and public health certificate online programs are designed for students seeking advanced education and training to enter careers in public health. A minimum one-year experience in a public health or healthcare setting is preferred.
What online MPH programs are available at KU?
KU offers a Master of Public Health online degree, as well as three graduate certificates in public health practice, policy and management, epidemiology and essentials of public health. Students in the Master of Public Health – Generalist concentration obtain knowledge in policy, program evaluation and management in an interprofessional setting. All programs are available 100% online. See the choices below and download the program guides for more information. Each guide provides the program’s curriculum, career paths, admissions information, tuition and more.
How are the programs structured?
The online Master of Public Health – Generalist program requires 42 credit hours, including 21 hours of core courses, 15 hours of concentration courses, three hours of internship, and a three hour of capstone course. KU’s three online graduate certificate program options consist of 12 credit hours each.
- 100% online
- Finish certificates as stand-alone credentials
- Credentialed, experienced faculty
- Globally recognized academics
- Offered in collaboration with the KU Medical Center
- KU is one of 35 public university members of the prestigious Association of American Universities
- Learn it today, use it tomorrow
- Certificates and degree let you tailor your studies to your interests
- Courses designed for public health careers