My Campus Resources
Setting up Accommodations
Are you seeking resource support for a physical, medical, or psychological disability? Learn how to apply for accommodations.
- Register and apply for accommodations through University Academic Support Centers
- Choose the red Apply Here New Student Application if you are applying for the first time.
- If you are a returning student, choose Access Online Registered Student Login.
- Compile and upload your documentation to support your accommodation request.
- Specific documentation information can be found at: Disability Documentation Guidelines
- Monitor your email closely for important information from UASC.
- Your documentation will be reviewed by your assigned specialist.
- Your specialist will work with you to set up an intake appointment at the Edwards Campus.
- Have questions, contact the Student Access Center at firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Resources / Mental Health Support
Your mental health is important! Learn about mental health support resources that are available to you.
- Community Resources - If you need support with low cost healthcare, food & utility assistance, substance abuse, shelter information, and / or other support that is in Johnson county, please visit MyResourceConnection.org or call 913-826-4200.
- If you are wanting some assistance on determining resources available to you for mental health needs, your Academic Success Coach is a great place to start. To schedule an appointment today contact the Welcome Center at 913-897-8539 or schedule online at:
- If you know you would like to talk to a licensed psychologist, the Edwards Psychological Clinic is a good option for you. The Clinicians are available for free intake appointments and will meet with you at the Edwards campus. For scheduling information, visit the Edwards Psychological Clinic or call 785-864-4121.
- Need Immediate help or crisis care? Use one of these available help lines:
- Johnson County Mental Health Crisis Line at 913-268-0156
- MY SSP: The My Student Support Program aims to support overall wellbeing and mental health by providing students with the following:
- 24/7 real-time support
- Experienced professionals
- On-demand support
- No extra cost
- ULifeline provides quick text support to KU students as well as a list of topic-specific 24-hour hotlines to call/text anytime.
- The MHAH Compassionate Ear Warmline is available daily, 4pm-10pm CST (including weekends and holidays), for non-emergency mental health support. 913-281-2251.
- Wyandotte Center for Community Behavioral Healthcare – 913-788-4200 (crisis line) or 913-788-4200 (non-emergency support Wyandotte, KS)
- Comprehensive Mental Health – 888-279-8188 (Western MO regional crisis line)
- Research Psychiatric Hospital – 844-207-4511 (crisis line) or 816-444-8161 (Kansas City, MO)
KU Online Bookstore
Looking for your textbooks for this semester? Use this information to find what you need.
The KU Edwards Campus no longer offers a physical bookstore. However, the KU online bookstore provides a wide array of materials and allows access whenever you need it.
How to buy your textbooks
- Log into Enroll & Pay and click the “Class Schedule” tile
- Click the blue “Course Materials List” box
- This directs you to the KU Bookstore Price Comparison Tool with a list of your course textbooks
- If the link doesn’t work, you can look up your textbook directly on the KU Bookstore textbook search. You will need your class schedule to enter the Term, Department, Course, and Section information for each class That can be found in the “Class Schedule” tile as well.
- Add your textbooks to the cart
- Use the Student Single Sign on option if you want to charge it to your student account, do not create a new account.
- Use promo code for shipping if one is available
- Pay for your textbooks
- Need help with the third party bookstore voucher? contact Lisa Browning for assistance at email@example.com
For more information
Have Questions? Contact the Welcome Center for assistance: 913-897-8400.
Writing is a process that requires time and energy. Save both by connecting with the Writing Center early and often. Learn more about Writing Center assistance.
You can get writing assistance in the following ways at the Edwards Campus: Consultation Online (Videoconference) and eTutoring (submitting paper via email). Consultations online are live feedback conversations with a writing specialist. This allows you immediate dialogue with a trained professional focused on your individual writing. The eTutoring option allows you to submit your document for review via email.
In either of these cases, you will need to schedule an appointment using the following process:
- Go to writing.ku.edu. On the left side of the page, select the blue box Schedule An Appointment
- Complete the registration information. You only have to do this the first time you use assistance.
- You can find your student ID number by looking at your ID card or accessing your admissions letter.
- Once you have registered, choose the drop down box at the center of the top of the page, choose eTutoring & Videoconfernces
- In the schedule look open appointments or the white boxes.
- Complete the information and hit submit.
- Make sure to mark this on your calendar.
Library Assistance/Library Book Pick Up and Drop Off
Access a wide variety of library resources at the KU Edwards Campus.
At the KU Edwards Campus, you have access to a wide range of library resources, including physical texts, databases, journals, and periodicals. A librarian is available in-person in the Hawks Nest (Regents Center, Room 120) on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 3 pm to 7 pm.
Eligible borrowers who reside outside Lawrence and Douglas County may use Home Loan Delivery to request physical materials be mailed to them. Books can be returned to Lawrence via mail, one of the library locations on the Lawrence campus, or the book drop located in front of the east entrance of the Regents Center building.
To access a librarian online, use the following process:
- Go to the Libraries website.
- On the right you can Ask a Librarian.
- Librarians are available to connect with you via chat, email, phone, or text during their posted hours.
- In the Get Help box you can explore your Subject & Course Guides
- Librarians have created these pages to ensure you are searching the databases that are for your discipline.
- On the right you can Ask a Librarian.
Need help with your research? Contact Watson Library at 785-864-3347 for more information.
Veteran / Vocational Rehabilitation Services
Explore what services are available for you at the KU Edwards Campus. Learn more about VA / VOC Rehab services.
As a student veteran, accessing your benefits can be a cumbersome process. Fortunately, the Edwards Campus is here to help you every step of the way. Student veterans also have access to the new Veterans lounge located in the Regents Center room 211. This is your space to relax, grab a bite to eat between classes and engage with others.
The Veterans Affairs and Tuition Assistance Process can be explored through these easy steps:
- Go to Edwards Campus Military and Veteran Support Services.
- Choose New and returning military-affiliated students using Veteran Affairs benefits or New and returning students using military tuition assistance
- Follow the steps provided.
- Email Lisa Browning (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule an appointment to discuss your VA, TA, or Voc Rehab funding options.
Student Health Insurance Options
Looking for healthcare coverage? Explore your options.
The Kansas Board of Regents sponsors an insurance option tailored for students. Follow this process to explore available insurance plans:
- Go to United Healthcare Student Resources
- Choose The University of Kansas
- Select your Student Status: Domestic Student or International Student.
- Explore the plans available.
- These plans are most effective when used at Watkins Health Center in Lawrence or Medical Center student health departments.
Mothering Room/Childcare Resources
Are you in need of a physical space to care for your mothering needs? Our lactation room is available for scheduling. The KU Edwards Campus also has a procedure for minors on campus.
The KU Edwards Campus is committed to meeting your individual mothering needs. The Mothering room is located in the Regents Center (210H) and is available for use while you are on campus. To access this room, you will:
- Call public safety at 913-897-8700.
- They will guide you to the room, unlock, and show you where you can wash items and store items as needed.
Have questions on our Mothering Room? Call us at 913-897-8400 for more information.
The KU Edwards Campus has a procedure for minors on campus. Please take a few moments to review - Unattended Children (PDF). Below is a list of childcare options within the Lawrence and Overland Park communities. Please note that any resources for childcare listed on this page are not endorsed by the University of Kansas. The University holds no responsibility for any actions of third parties listed. If you have suggestions for resources in the Overland Park area or near KU Edwards Campus, please feel free to provide information by emailing email@example.com.
- Care.com- provides in-home and out-of-home care for children of all ages as well as adult or senior care. Care.com allows you to post a job and review profiles of candidates. All caregivers are interviewed, reference checked, and complete a background check - Care.com website.
- Hilltop Child Development Center (Lawrence) - Hilltop Child Development Center.
- Nounou Neighbors - specializes in finding and vetting babysitters. Users can post jobs and review profiles of candidates. All sitters are interviewed, trained and undergo a background check. - Nounou Neighbors.