Free and low-cost online learning and professional development from KU in KC
During the COVID-19 pandemic, most professionals have had to turn their home into their home office. Working remotely often means having to refocus efforts on what can reasonably be accomplished away from the resources and direct access to supervisors and coworkers that we’re used to. However, working from home doesn’t have to mean forgoing professional development. Developing clear communication styles within your team, learning to be an effective leader, or developing valuable skills you can bring to your team is just as important as it’s ever been.
The KU Edwards Campus offers several resources, including free webinars, professional development trainings, certificate programs and even degrees that can be completed entirely online. Not only does KUEC offer timely, relevant programming for those in Kansas City and beyond, it also offers award-winning support for guiding working professionals and transfer students along their educational journey. KU was recently recognized for the fourth consecutive year for excellence in community college transfer by the Phi Theta Kappa national honor society.
If you’re looking for ways to sharpen your professional skills, complete your bachelor’s degree or continue your education during this unprecedented time, consider these resources.
Online professional development programs
- Workplace Communication Link and Learns (free)
- Registered Behavior Technician preparation course
- Technology management programs
- Aerospace webinars (free)
- KU Boot Camps (Coding, Data Analytics and Cybersecurity and Technology Project Management)
- KU Professional Leadership Certificate
- KU Fundamentals of Leadership Certificate
- Professional Leadership Coaching
- Undergraduate Certificate in Strength and Conditioning
- Undergraduate Certificate in Public and Population Health
- Undergraduate Certificate in Nutrition
- Undergraduate Certificate in Advanced Professional Skills
- Graduate Certificate in Applied Community Health and Development
- Graduate Certificate in Applied Statistics
- Graduate Certificate in Applied Data Science
- Graduate Certificate in Construction Management
- ABAI-verified Course Sequence in Behavior Analysis
- Graduate Certificate in Environmental Geology
- Certificate in Professional Workplace Communication
Online degree programs
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Applied Science in Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Health Sciences
- Master of Arts in Applied Behavioral Science
- Master of Construction Management
- Master of Science in architectural engineering
- Master of Science in Applied Statistics and Analytics
- Master of Science in Project Management
As an institution dedicated to providing high-quality education programs to serve the needs of the Kansas City region, the KU Edwards Campus is here for students and professionals in the metro area to continue learning and improving their lives. In support of continuous education, KU's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute – offering enrichment courses and events specifically geared toward those 50+ – is now delivering its programs online.
If you’d like to pursue professional development for your team but have more specific needs, KU Edwards Campus experts can deliver short-format education related to working and managing remotely. Contact Dean Brush at firstname.lastname@example.org or 913-897-8428 to discuss how we can help.