KUEC’s School of Professional Studies grows enrollment with new high-impact degrees
“The Edwards Campus, and in particular the School of Professional Studies, continue to offer and launch new programs that simultaneously help students enter or advance in their desired career and fill critical roles for employers in the Kansas City area and beyond,” said Stuart Day, vice provost of the Edwards Campus and dean of the School of Professional Studies. “Students come to the Edwards Campus from many backgrounds and educational paths, whether they are transferring from one of our local community colleges, returning to college to complete a bachelor’s degree, or working professionals pursuing a graduate degree. We are proud to welcome these students with the academic programs, services, flexible schedules, formats, and environment they are seeking.”
Demonstrating a focus on high-demand professional fields, SPS has launched a number of new degree programs in the last year: professional studies and project management (fall 2022), data analytics, cybersecurity, and operations management (fall 2023), and criminal justice, beginning in spring 2024.
KU Edwards Campus programs with 10% or greater growth:
- Undergraduate degree and certificates in American Sign Language.
- Undergraduate degree environmental studies.
- Undergraduate degree and certificate in exercise science.
- Undergraduate degree and certificates in health sciences.
- Undergraduate degree in project management.
- Graduate degree and certificates in environmental assessment.
- Graduate degree and certificate in environmental geology.
- Graduate degree and certificate in organizational communication.
- Graduate degree and certificates in public health.
“We focus a lot of attention and effort on launching new programs that address the need for a skilled workforce in high-impact fields in Kansas City and beyond,” Day said, “and our partnership with JCERT is instrumental in the development of cutting-edge degrees as well as scholarships for students in these programs.”
JCERT funds many undergraduate and advanced degree and certificate programs in areas related to business, engineering, science, and technology at the KU Edwards Campus.
“We are welcoming our first students in these new programs and look forward to celebrating their educational progression and entry into the workforce,” Day said.
Learn more about KU Edwards Campus and SPS programs at https://edwardscampus.ku.edu.