Degree in 3
High school students can start now and get their bachelor’s degrees in 3 years after graduating high school. Take the next step and make anything possible.
Why Degree in 3?
Expedite your degree in Kansas City. Earn a bachelors degree from The University of Kansas in 3 years.
A partnership between the Blue Valley Schools, Olathe Public Schools, Shawnee Mission School District, Summit Technology Academy, Raytown Quality Schools, Johnson County Community College, Kansas City Public Schools, USD 232, Independence School District, Kansas City Kansas Community College, Metropolitan Community College and KU Edwards Campus allows you to earn college credits in high school, complete an associate degree one year after graduating and finish your bachelor’s degree two years later. With this accelerated path to a KU bachelor’s degree, students may be able to save money and enter the workforce or graduate school a year or more earlier than a traditional four-year degree path.
Degrees available for each participating school
Degree in 3 Action Steps
1. Your High School
Milestone: Complete your high school diploma.
- Talk to your teachers and counselor about your plans after high school.
- Develop a four-year academic plan, including Advanced Placement/International Baccalaureate and dual credit/concurrent enrollment classes, with your counselor.
- Register for the Degree in 3 program as early as the April of your sophomore year and no later than the December of your senior year (exceptions to this timeframe can be reviewed with the Degree in 3 coordinator).
2. Community College
Milestone: Complete your Associate's degree from a community college.
- Take dual credit and concurrent credit courses while still in high school.
- After high school, complete the remaining freshman-sophomore credit hours from your local community college.
3. KU Edwards Campus
Milestone: Complete your Bachelor's degree from KU.
- Meet with an advisor to discuss transferring to KU in Overland Park.
- Apply for admission to KU in the semester before you plan to enroll (students beginning in fall should apply by Feb. 1).
3 years, 3 accomplishments. Schedule a meeting today.
Degree in 3 Is a Partnership Between...
- Blue Springs School District
- Blue Valley Schools
- Olathe Public Schools
- Shawnee Mission School District
- Summit Technology Academy
- Raytown Quality Schools
- Johnson County Community College
- Kansas City Public Schools
- USD 232
- Independence School District
- Kansas City Kansas Community College
- Metropolitan Community College